☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/2 c
- popcorn kernels, unpopped
- 1 1/2 c
- almonds, whole
- 1 c
- raisins, golden
- 2 1/2 c
- brown sugar, packed
- 1 stick
- butter, salted
- 1/2 c
- corn syrup, light
- 3 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp
- almond extract
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
How to Make Caramel Popcorn
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- 2Butter a large heavy duty baking pan.
- 3Pop the corn kernels.
- 4Mix popcorn and almonds in prepared pan to warm and crisp. Place in oven while preparing syrup. Do NOT add raisins until later step or they will be too hard in the final product.
- 5In medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup,
- 6Over medium heat, whisk until sugar dissolves and butter melts.
- 7Attach candy thermometer to side of saucepan.
- 8Increase heat to high and boil without stirring until the temperature reaches 255 degrees F. Scrape down sides of pan occasionally.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Add vanilla and almond extracts to syrup.
- 11Stir in salt and baking soda. (Mixture will bubble.)
- 12Sprinkle Raisins over popcorn and almonds in prepared pan.
- 13Pour syrup over popcorn mixture, gently stirring to coat completely. Work fast as syrup will quickly start to harden.
- 14Place pan into oven and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes with a metal spatula to break up globs and help syrup coat evenly.
- 15Remove from oven and let cool. Store in plastic baggies.