☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cpopcorn kernels, unpopped
1 1/2 calmonds, whole
1 craisins, golden
2 1/2 cbrown sugar, packed
1 stickbutter, salted
1/2 ccorn syrup, light
3 Tbspvanilla extract
2 Tbspalmond extract
1/2 tspbaking soda
How to Make Caramel Popcorn
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Butter a large heavy duty baking pan.
- Pop the corn kernels.
- Mix popcorn and almonds in prepared pan to warm and crisp. Place in oven while preparing syrup. Do NOT add raisins until later step or they will be too hard in the final product.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup,
- Over medium heat, whisk until sugar dissolves and butter melts.
- Attach candy thermometer to side of saucepan.
- Increase heat to high and boil without stirring until the temperature reaches 255 degrees F. Scrape down sides of pan occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts to syrup.
- Stir in salt and baking soda. (Mixture will bubble.)
- Sprinkle Raisins over popcorn and almonds in prepared pan.
- Pour syrup over popcorn mixture, gently stirring to coat completely. Work fast as syrup will quickly start to harden.
- Place pan into oven and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes with a metal spatula to break up globs and help syrup coat evenly.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Store in plastic baggies.