70 Perfect Custom Chocolate Candies in 20 Minutes
Great for gift giving year round, especially at Valentine's Day or to give as a hostess gift. 70 candies in 20 minutes... perfect! =)
- 24 oz.
- (1 lb. 8 oz.) chocolate, dark chocolate or white chocolate almond bark, your choice
- 6 oz.
- dried cranberries, dried cherries or raisins, your choice
- 7-8 oz.
- mixed nuts, peanuts or cashews, your choice
How to Make 70 Perfect Custom Chocolate Candies in 20 Minutes
- 1Melt chocolate (chocolate or white chocolate) above double boiler or in microwave. Heat only until just melted, no more. It can scorch. (You can make your own double boiler by placing one pot above another, filling the bottom pot with 1 inch of water.) As soon as the chocolate has melted, remove from heat, but keep double boiler assembled.
- 2Add your choice of fruit and nuts. Mix, coating thoroughly. Keeping it on the double boiler, carefully moving to the counter, drop by teaspoonful onto parchment paper or aluminum foil. Cool completely.
- 3Hint: If you wish to package your chocolates in paper mini muffin cups, add a drop of corn syrup to the bottom of the cup before adding chocolate. The paper will stay put.
- 4Be creative and make your own specialty. This time, I used chocolate, cranberries and mixed nuts. Another of our favorites is white chocolate, cranberries and cashews or pecans.
A customized box of assorted homemade chocolates makes a perfect gift for everyone. =)