White Almond Wedding Cake
Cover photo is Debbie Wrights beautiful cake. Much prettier then mine! :)
1white or yellow cake mix 18.25 ounce box
1 call purpose flour
1 1/2 cwater
1 csour cream
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1 tspalmond extract
4egg whites beaten to stiff peaks
How to Make White Almond Wedding Cake
- preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 cake pan, or 2 round cake pans.
- Mix the cake mix,flour,sugar and salt. Pour in the water,sour cream,vegetable oil and extracts.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form, but dont let them get too dry.
Add the beaten egg whites to the cake mixture folding in gently.
- Pour batter into prepared pan/s. Bake @ 325 for about 40 minutes (for the oblong cake) Bake until toothpick comes out clean and it is golden brown on top. Do not over bake.
- Allow cake to cool completely. Take a sharp knife and cut in half long wise. Separate the layers and pour jam on one layer. Top it with the top layer and frost the cake.
Michelle has a fantastic easy frosting recipe that I just love!
Fluffy White Frosting