Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate-Almond Crust
1 calmond meal or finely chopped almonds
1 cchocolate graham crackers, crushed
6 Tbspmelted butter
24 ozcream cheese, room temperature
8 ozsoft farmers cheese
1 1/3 csugar (separated)
4 largeeggs, room temperature
2 tspalmond extract (separated)
3 cfresh berries (blueberries, raspberries)
2 Tbspfreshly grated lemon zest
2 csour cream
How to Make Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate-Almond Crust
- Prepare CRUST:
In a small box mix together the almond flour, chocolate graham crackers, salt, melted butter and blend well.
- Spread the crust ingredients into the bottom and 1/3 of the sides of a 9 or 10 inch baking pan that has been sprayed with baking spray.
- Prepare Batter:
Using an electric mixer set on medium-high speed, beat the cream and farmers cheese well, stir in the 1 cup of sugar and beat for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the 4 eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Then add in 1 teaspoon almond extract and 2 tablespoons lemon zest. Beat another minute until batter is totally smooth and creamy.
- Pour gently 1/2 of the batter over the prepared crust.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2 cups of fresh berries, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon almond flour. Stir lightly. Place this berry mixture gently over the batter.
- Gently pour remaining batter over the berries. Batter should not be more than 3/4 of the way up the pan (it if is place remaining batter into separate pan).
- Place the springform pan on baking sheet and bake in preheated 350 degree oven 45 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, in a medium bowl stir together the sour cream with 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon almond extract. Set aside.
- Remove the pan from the oven, but keep the oven temperature on. Cool on stove for 5 minutes. Place the sour cream mixture gently in spoonfuls over the baked cheesecake. Place back into the heated oven and continue baking another 15-20 minutes until the batter is set and there is very little movement in the center.
- Remove from oven gently. Place on rack to cool in the springform pan.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours. Remove from pan. Garnish with additional fresh berries.