/ Other Breakfast
Ultimate Carrot Cake
photos of Ultimate Carrot Cake Recipe
duncan hines decadent classic cake, cake mix (don’t use the dried carrots & raisins pkg. inside the box)
eggs, (i remove the chalaza of each yolk)
finely shredded carrots
liquid, reserved pineapple liquid and water combined to equal 1 1/4 cups liquid (sometimes instead of water, i replace it with either milk, pineapple juice, or natural apple juice).
melted unsalted butter
shredded unsweetened coconut
crushed pineapple, drained, reserving the juice
How to Make Ultimate Carrot Cake
1The Medium Mixer Bowl:
* In a medium bowl, combine the carrots, nuts raisins and crushed pineapple, mix to blend together.
2The Mixing Bowl:
* In a larger mixing bowl, combine cake mix (DO NOT USING THE DRIED RAISINS & CARROTS), and cinnamon, mixing to evenly combine.
3* Add, folding in carrots, pineapple and chopped nuts until well blended.
4* To the mixing bowl, add melted butter, eggs and water mixture to the mixing bowl. With mixer on medium speed, mix until well incorporated and creamy, about 2 minutes.
* Preheat oven temperature 350ºF.
Butter and flour bottom and sides of a 13X9X2-inch cake pan.
7Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Then remove from pan, and cool completely.
1 1/2 pounds confectioners’ sugar
12 ouncescream cheese, room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tsps. Fresh lemon peel
2 tbsps. Fresh lemon juice
* Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
10* Beat at second speed until thoroughly blended and creamy. If too thick, add 1 tbsp. milk at a time, if too thin, add tbsp. confectioners’ sugar at a time.
* Refrigerated until your ready to frost the completely cooled cake. Frost cake using an offset spatula.
11Frost the cake using an offset spatula. Top with remaining toasted pecans. I hope you enjoy this cake!!!!
Printable Recipe Card
About Ultimate Carrot Cake
Posted: Sun, Oct 11, 2015