/ Other Breakfast
duncan hines decadent classic cake, cake mix (don’t use the dried carrots & raisins pkg. inside the box)
eggs, (i remove the chalaza of each yolk)
finely shredded carrots
liquid, reserved pineapple liquid and water combined to equal 1 1/4 cups liquid (sometimes instead of water, i replace it with either milk, pineapple juice, or natural apple juice).
melted unsalted butter
shredded unsweetened coconut
crushed pineapple, drained, reserving the juice
1The Medium Mixer Bowl:
* In a medium bowl, combine the carrots, nuts raisins and crushed pineapple, mix to blend together.
2The Mixing Bowl:
* In a larger mixing bowl, combine cake mix (DO NOT USING THE DRIED RAISINS & CARROTS), and cinnamon, mixing to evenly combine.
3* Add, folding in carrots, pineapple and chopped nuts until well blended.
4* To the mixing bowl, add melted butter, eggs and water mixture to the mixing bowl. With mixer on medium speed, mix until well incorporated and creamy, about 2 minutes.
* Preheat oven temperature 350ºF.
Butter and flour bottom and sides of a 13X9X2-inch cake pan.
7Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Then remove from pan, and cool completely.
1 1/2 pounds confectioners’ sugar
12 ouncescream cheese, room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tsps. Fresh lemon peel
2 tbsps. Fresh lemon juice
* Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
10* Beat at second speed until thoroughly blended and creamy. If too thick, add 1 tbsp. milk at a time, if too thin, add tbsp. confectioners’ sugar at a time.
* Refrigerated until your ready to frost the completely cooled cake. Frost cake using an offset spatula.
11Frost the cake using an offset spatula. Top with remaining toasted pecans. I hope you enjoy this cake!!!!
Posted: Sun, Oct 11, 2015