Two Berry Fruit Trifle
- 2 pkg
- vanilla sugar free instant pudding (or see variation below)
- angel food cake
- 1 large
- container cool whip (light or fat free) *thawed
- 2 pkg
- frozen strawberries in light syrup, sugar free *thawed
- 1 pkg
- frozen blueberries (i prefer the small wild maine blueberries) *thawed
How to Make Two Berry Fruit Trifle
- 1Mix vanilla pudding per package instructions for custard (less milk than pudding...I believe 2 3/4 cups for the two pkgs.) Let set while you
- 2Cut up the angel food cake into bite-sized cubes and set aside
- 3Add half the large container of Cool Whip to the pudding mixture and stir well
- 4Layer 1/2 of: Angel Food Cake, strawberries, blueberries, pudding; repeat with a second layer; top with remaining Cool Whip and decorate with fruit if desired.
- 5Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. ~Enjoy
- 6Note: This can be made with different flavors of pudding and/or different fruit to your tastes. We like the strawberries in syrup, which soaks into the cake, but you could use fresh or frozen without syrup if you prefer.
- 7VARIATION: I just made this with one pkg chocolate pudding, one vanilla...it was incredibly delicious! Mix pudding flavors separately, with 1 3/4 cup milk each, and 1/4 tub of Cool Whip. Layer as above.