The ultimate chocolate pound cake
3 stickbutter,( softened )
2tsp.real vanilla( or vanilla bean paste )
5eggs, ( fresh brown, preferably)
2 tsp.instant coffee granules
1/4 c.boiling water
2 c.all purpose flour, unsifted
3/4 c.cocoa, unsweetened
How to Make The ultimate chocolate pound cake
- 1.cream butter.gradually add sugar.creaming til light and fluffy.
- About 5 min.at medium speed of mixer.
- Stir in vanilla, and add eggs. One at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Dissolved coffee granules in boiling water. Combine flour, salt, cocoa, & baking powder. Add alternately with coffee and buttermilk to creamed mixture.
- Blending on low speed til just mixed.
- Here's where it gets tricky..DO NOT OVER BAKE..it will look like it's not quite done on top..but the cake will spring back a bit when you lightly push down on it with 2 fingers..if you over cook this it will be dry..and not very moist..
When it comes out of the oven , wait about 5 minutes..run a knife around all edges, and very carefully invert onto serving plate..
- Trust me when I say..
All you need to make this complete is a tall glass of milk( not for me ) , a good cup of coffee, or hot cup of tea..
- You can let it cool for about 10 minutes and have a slice ( chunk ) while it is still warm, ( is what I do and everyone else in my house hold.. Or anyone who has tried it) or let it cool completely and then enjoy..
If ya can't wait( none of us can) just dig in as soon as you've inverted it into plate..ENJOY..!!
Actually, who am I kidding.. We don't even wait for it to cool down..
I would love to try some kind of frosting w/this..but as long as my hubby is still alive and has anything to say about it..it's not gonna happen..lol
You know what they say.."DONT MESS WITH A GOOD THING!"
- NOTE: the time before last I ran out if sugar and cocoa..so this is what I did..
I had enough white sugar for 1 cup..so to that I added 2 cups of brown sugar..
And I had maybe about a 1/3 cup of cocoa ... So I added the remainder of the 3/4 cup it called for w/chocolate fudge pudding( instant )
Both ways were scrumptious ..but the original is best..:)