The Absolute Best Buttercream Frosting... Ever!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Frosting that makes you go 'Mmmm..."
Lemon, orange , almond, vanilla... they're all here and they're all so delicious. A must try! The Test Kitchen
1 clightly salted butter (regular salted butter will work too)
2 Tbspmeringue powder
1 tsppure vanilla extract (may want to use a clear vanilla for a pure white frosting)
1 tspbutter flavoring
1/2 tspalmond extract
1/4 tsporange extract
1/4 tsplemon extract
2 lbpowdered sugar (must be brand name - store brand will not work)
5-6 Tbspwarm water
How to Make The Absolute Best Buttercream Frosting... Ever!
- In a small cup, measure out water and salt. Set aside and let the salt dissolve.
- If you have a standing mixer it is highly recommended. But a hand held mixer with a very large bowl will work also.
Cream together the Crisco and butter until well combined.
- Add meringue powder and all the extracts and flavorings. Mix well.
- On low speed, gradually add the powdered sugar until well combined.
It will get clumpy after the whole 2lbs. has been distributed.
- Continue on low speed and gradually add salt/water mix.
Add more water to frosting if necessary.