"Taste of Summer" Banana Split Cake
Cindy Smith Bryson
You will have to add your chilling time to the prep time. Trust me, it will be worth it....
- chocolate cookie crust to fit ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch dish. i have used chocolate graham cracker and chocolate animal cracker crumbs. any crushed chocolate cookie should work.
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 c
- confectioners sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- real vanilla extract
- 3 large
- bananas, cut into 1/4 inch slices (soak in drained pineapple juice to keep from turning brown)
- 2 can(s)
- (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 qt
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 c
- heavy cream, cold
- 1/4 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 c
- walnuts, chopped
How to Make "Taste of Summer" Banana Split Cake
- 1Press chocolate cookie crust into ungreased dish. Chill for one hour.
- 2In a bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust; chill for 30 minutes.
- 3Layer with bananas, pineapple and strawberries.
- 4Using a chilled metal bowl (works best for whipping cream, a chilled beater helps also), beat cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over fruit. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill until serving.