Sweet Potato Dream Bars
Turned out delicious! My guests were delighted and took home the recipe....
- 1 c
- unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 c
- dark brown sugar, packed
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 4 large
- 1 1/2 c
- mashed sweet potatoes- from canned
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp
- each cloves and ginger
- 10 oz
- bag mini marshmallows
How to Make Sweet Potato Dream Bars
- 1Drain sweet potatoes and mash well or puree in blender. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350^.
Grease or spray well a jelly roll pan (15x10x2-inches) or two 8-inch square pans. (One can be frozen) Or one 9x13-inch pan.
- 2Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add the eggs and mix as you add the salt and spices. Slowly add in flour.
Mix just until batter is smooth.
- 3Fold potato puree into the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan or pans and bake 25-30 minutes; or until tested done with a cake tester inserted in center of bars comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- 4Turn oven to highest broiler setting.
Sprinkle marshmallows on top of bars and place pan or pans on lowest rack so there is plenty of space between heat and marshmallows. Leave oven door ajar and rotate pan after they begin to brown. Marshmallows are done when they are dark golden brown on top.
Remove pan or pans to cool on a wire rack. Place pan in freezer for 5-8 minutes for easier cutting.
These freeze well if marshmallows are left off the ones you want to freeze. After freezing -thaw at room temperature for 20 minutes then put the marshmallows on and place under the broiler as above.