Yellow Tomato Spice Cake
It has lots of flavor and a dessert delight.
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 4 tsp
- baking powder (yes)
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp
- ground allspice
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 10 3/4 oz
- can sun ripened yellow tomato soup
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 3 large
- 1/4 c
How to Make Yellow Tomato Spice Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350^. Grease and flour or use a spray with flour 2- 8-inch cake pans(I like to use parchment paper on the bottom first ,then spray.Or you can use a 9x13-inch baking pan, instead.
- 2This is the easy part.Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on low speed for about 1 minute. Blend on high for about 4 minutes, until well mixed.
If you want, you can use your mixer, but be sure to beat the heck out of it. LOL.
- 3Pour the batter evenly into the cake pans or pan(or into lined muffin cups). and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until wooden toothpick test clean. Allow to cool 3 minutes before inverting the 8-inch pans. Let either cakes and pan cool completely before frosting with your favorite frosting or use the one below. Store cake in the refrigerator.
- 4Buttery Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 pound pkg. powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans, optional
1/2 cup flaked coconut, optional
Beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar; beat well. Add vanilla and add pecans and coconut if using. mix all well. Spread in between layers, sides and top of cake.(Just top of the 9x13 cake.)