Strawberry Shortcake Squares
- vanilla wafers,divided
- 1/4 c
- 5 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 2 1/2 c
- cold milk
- 2 pkg
- (4 serving size) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 c
- cool whip (that is 1/2 of an 8 oz tub)
- 3 c
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Squares
- 1Crush 40 Vanilla wafers and mix with 3 tablespoons of the sugar and the melted butter until well blended.
- 2Press firmly into 13x9 baking pan and set aside.
- 3Pour milk into large bowl and add pedding mixes. Beat with whisk for 2 minutes or until well blended.
- 4Gently stir(fold) in Cool whip.
- 5Spread HALF of the pudding mixture over the crust.
- 6Top with remaining 24 vanilla wafers(whole not crushed).
- 7Spread remaining pudding mixture over the wafers.
- 8Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- 9Meanwhile toss sliced strawberries with remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 10Cut into 16-24 squares and serve each topped with about 2 tablespoons of the sweetened strawberries. Refrigerate any leftover.