Southern Comfort Cake
Thea has pretty much the same recipe, and she said it came from her book The Cake Dr.
In any event it is delish, and well worth making!
1 boxyellow cake mix
3 3/4 ozpackage instant vanilla pudding
1/2 ccold water
1 cpecans, chopped
1/2 csouthern comfort
1/8 lbbutter, that is what the recipe called for, i know it looks strange, i am thinking that would be 1/2 stick of butter
1/4 csouthern comfort
How to Make Southern Comfort Cake
- Pre heat oven to 325°
- Spray a bundt pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl. mix all ingredients well, and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for about an hour, or until tests done.
- When cake is done, invert on a platter. To make it lie flat you might have to shave the "crown" off. Pity, but it makes a nice snack!
- make glaze by combining the 1/2 stick butter, 1/8 cup water, and 1/2 cup sugar in a sauce pan, bring to a boil.
- Boil 3 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in the 1/4 cup Southern Comfort.
- Prick the cake all over with a wooden ka nob stick. pour half the glaze over the cake while it is still warm,and allow to cool.
- When cool, brush the remaining glaze all over the cake.