I will post pictures soon my usb port is broke so I have to get a new one I hope you enjoy this as much as we do
3 ozraspberries fresh
1genoise layer sliced 1 cm thick to cover bottom of dish
2 ozpastry cream
1 ozwhipped cream
TToptional flavoring kirsch,orange liqueur,or raspberry brandy
1/4 slicealmonds, sliced
·confectioners' sugar as needed
How to Make Raspberry Gratin
- step 1 - use a shallow gratin dish or other heatproof dish large enough to hold fruit in shallow layer
- step-2 cut a thin slice of genoise about 3/8 in. 1 cm thick to cover bottom of dish .
- step-3 arrange the fruit on top of the genoise .
- step-4 combine pastry cream,whipped cream, and flavoring . spread the mixture to cover the fruit completely.
- step-5 mix the almonds and butter and sprinkle over the pastry cream . dredge the top heavily with confectioners sugar.
- step-6 place under a broiler or in the top of a hot oven for a few minutes to brown the top . serve hot and enjoy !
- you may substitute the raspberries for sweet pitted cherries, but if you do and you use the brandy for flavoring I suggest using the cherry .
- this recipe time is based on already having a prepared genoise cake