Blue Ribbon Recipe
Now this is a cheesecake that even the kiddos will love! It's quick, easy and full of flavor ... our kind of recipe! The Test Kitchen
2 can(s)crescent rolls
28 oz. bricks cream cheese, softened
1 cwhipped peanut butter
2 csugar, divided
2 Tbspvanilla extract, divided
1 cstrawberry preserves
1 stickbutter, melted
2 Tbspground cinnamon
3/4 cpeanuts, crushed (optional)
·non-stick cooking spray
How to Make PB&J Cheesecake
- Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls in a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Using gentle pressure, spread out dough so it covers the bottom and about 1/2" around the sides. Pinch seams together with your fingers until all pieces are sealed. Set aside.
- Using a mixer on low speed, combine softened cream cheese, peanut butter, half of the sugar and half of the vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the crescent rolls in the casserole dish, leaving about 1/4" around the edges.
- In a small bowl, mix strawberry preserves with a fork to break up any large pieces. Spread preserves over the cream cheese mixture.
- Unroll and spread out the second can of crescent rolls over top of the strawberry preserves. Gently tuck edges down along the sides of the dish. Set aside.
- Melt stick of butter and whisk in second tbsp. of vanilla extract, cinnamon and second cup of sugar.
- Spread sugar mixture over top of the crescent roll. Bake in 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes until top is brown and bubbly. If using crushed peanuts, remove during the last 10 minutes of baking and sprinkles nuts over the top.
- Let cool for 20 minutes then cover with foil and refrigerate for 4-6 hours before serving.