Party Cake (for dogs OR humans)
Toby, Puma and Molly LOVED the cake ... and the icing!!!!!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2/3 cbananas, ripe
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 cbrown rice flour
1 coat flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
2 tspcinnamon, ground
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cpecans, finely chopped
1 cbananas, ripe
1/2 Tbspbutter, softened
3 Tbspcarob powder
1 tspvanilla extract
3 Tbspbrown rice flour (or more, as needed)
How to Make Party Cake (for dogs OR humans)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a 6" baking pan as a guide, cut 3 discs from wax paper, and place in bottom of three (3) 6" baking pans. Spray bottom and sides of pans with a non-stick flour spray.
- In a food processor, add peeled and sliced bananas, and process until creamy.
- In mixing bowl, cream together bananas and butter until nice and smooth.
- Using lowest speed on mixer, add eggs and water, and thoroughly blend.
- On lowest mixer speed, add dry ingredients, one cup at a time, and blend. Then, increase speed and beat for 2 minutes.
- Distribute batter evenly among the 3 baking pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until done. DO NOT OVER-BAKE!!!
- Place pans on wire rack and cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pans and place back on the wire racks to completely cool.
Using a food processor, add peeled and sliced bananas and process until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Using a small bowl, add all ingredients and blend until smooth. If the icing seems a little too thin, add a little rice flour. (The icing will thicken a little as it sits for a few minutes.)
- ASSEMBLE THE CAKE:
Spread a little of the frosting on the plate, then place the 1st layer top side down, and spread the top with icing.
- Place the 2nd cake layer, also top side down, and frost the top.
- Place the 3rd cake layer top side up. Countersink a small dowel (or wooden skewer) in center of cake to prevent shifting). Ice the top, then the sides of cake, and decorate as desired.
- I used frosting for the writing that I had in the freezer, and unfortunately, it "ran" just a little!!! ):