Paleo Sachertorte (Vienna Chocolate Cake)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cground hazelnut or almond
1 ccoconut flour or shredded dried coconut
70 gdark chocolate or
2 Tbspcocoa powder and 2 tbsp coconut cream
1 pinchhimalaya salt
How to Make Paleo Sachertorte (Vienna Chocolate Cake)
- Preheat oven at 170 Celsius (340 Fahrenheit). Grease a small springform, or use muffin/cup cake forms.
Melt the chocolate and the butter very gently in a small pan, or mix the coconut cream and the cocoa powder with the butter. Not too hot! Take off the heat when melted/mixed.
- Split the eggs. Grind a little salt over the egg whites.
Beat the egg yolks. Cut and scratch out the vanilla pod piece into the egg yolk.
- Make sure the chocolate/butter mix is lukewarm, not hot (so that the egg yolk does not cook in it). Mix the honey into the chocolate mix. Mix it into the egg yolk.
Mix in the ground nuts and coconut flour.
- Whisk the egg whites until really stiff.
Slowly and lovingly mix it through the chocolate mixture. Add some cocoa powder or chocolate shavings/crumbled pieces if you want it more chocolatey.
- Put mixture in your form. Put in oven. It will take about one hour for the small springform, or about 30 minutes for cupcakes. Don't overcook it, it is supposed to be a bit soft in the very middle :-) It dries out a little when cooling. Enjoy!