Microwave Coconut Pecan Frosting(German Choc Frst)
Rose Mary Mogan
I started out using a sauce pan to melt the butter with the milk, sugar & egg yolks over low heat, but after the butter melted, I wanted to hasten the process, & poured the mixture in a Microwave safe bowl, cooked for 7 1/2 minutes in the micro before pouring back in saucepan, then adding the coconut and pecans over very low heat, and it worked great.
- 2 c
- 2 c
- evaprated milk
- 8 medium
- egg yolks - or 6 large egg yolks -room temperature -well beaten
- 2 stick
- butter,room temperature
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp
- butter pecan flavor extract
- 14 oz
- pkg. shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 c
- chopped pecans
How to Make Microwave Coconut Pecan Frosting(German Choc Frst)
- 1In a medium size sauce pan, add the evaporated milk, beaten egg yolks, and butter, whisk together over low heat until the butter is completely melted. NOTE MAY ALSO COOK ENTIRE RECIPE ON STOVE TOP, BUT STIR CONSTANTLY TO PREVENT SCORCHING, MAKE TAKE AS LONG AS 25 MINUTES FOR THIS RECIPE.
- 2Once butter is melted pour into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 3 and a half minutes. Remove and stir. Then return to microwave & cook an additional 2 minutes and whisk or stir again. Then return to microwave for at least 2 additional minutes until frosting has thickened and begins to coat the spoon. NOTE: ADDITIONAL TIME MY BE REQUIRED IF UING A LOWER WATTAGE MICROWAVE UNDER 1100 WATTS.