Mary Burdge's Cream Cheesecake
I did bake and supply these cheesecakes to a neighborhood deli owned by a friend of mine many years ago.
The hardest part about this recipe is making yourself wait 24 hours before eating the finished product. Seriously, it does make a noticeable difference.
1 3/4 cfinely crushed graham crackers
6 Tbspunsalted butter
2 pkgcream cheese - 8oz. each
1/2 tspfresh lemon juice
2 csour cream
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Mary Burdge's Cream Cheesecake
- Mix the crust ingredients by using a pastry blender. Line the bottom and the sides of a 9" x 9" baking dish.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in the 1 C sugar and lemon juice and continue beating until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling over the crust and bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- While the cheesecake is baking, beat together the sour cream, 1/3 C sugar, and pure vanilla extract.
After 20 minutes, gently ladle the topping onto the cheesecake and then bake for another 5-7 minutes until the topping is just set.
- Cool to room temperature. Now here comes the hard part. Refrigerate the cheesecake for 24 hours before eating it. This lets is set and age the flavors perfectly. Promise!