16-20 ozminiture marshmellows
1 tspflavoring or extract
4 cpowdered sugar
1 ccornstarch for dusting
1 ccrisco shortening for kneading
1gallon size bag or plastic wrap
·wilton or americolor gel food color (to color fondant)
How to Make Marshmellow Fondant
- Put marshmallows, water and flavoring in a large microwaveable bowl and microwave on high for 2minutes stopping every 30 seconds to stir
- Once all marshmallows are melted start sifting the powdered sugar in stirring constantly
- Once powdered sugar is mixed it, turn fondant dough out on a greased counter top. Grease your hands up real well and knead the dough until it is all smooth.
- Place dough in a gallon sized baggie dusted with cornstarch or some plastic wrap dusted with cornstarch and let rest for at least 2 hours or overnight for best results
- To soften the dough, work it with your hands. To prevent sticking use either crisco or corn starch to prepare working space.
- To tint the dough, knead in gel food color.
Remaining dough can be kept well sealed in plastic in the freezer for up to a month.