1 3/4 cpowdered sugar (icing sugar)
1/2 cbutter, melted
1 tspvanilla extract
2 call purpose flour
3 tspbaking powder
2 Tbspcocoa powder
·powdered sugar, for dusting
How to Make Marbled Gugelhupf
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8 cup gugelhupf pan with nonstick cooking spray. (or use bundt pan)
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, with electric mixer, beat the sugar, butter, vanilla and egg yolks until smooth a creamy.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and add half to egg yolk mixture, along with half the milk. Mix until combined and add remaining flour and milk, mixing again.
- Fold in egg whites until combined.
- Spoon half the batter into prepared pan. Mix cocoa and 2 tbls. milk until smooth. Add to remaining batter and mix until blended.
- Spoon into pan and using a knife, swirl white and chocolate batter together until marbeled.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and turn pan onto wire rack to cool. Cake should release.
- Dust with powdered sugar to serve.