Mandarin Orange Coffee Cake
How to Make Mandarin Orange Coffee Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour 8" x 8" square pan.
- 2Separate the juice from the mandarin oranges, reserving the liquid.
- 3In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
Whisk egg and reserved juice from oranges.
Stir into the dry ingredients. Then fold in the oranges. Should resemble a barely pourable batter.
- 4Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- 5Combine the 1/2 c. of brown sugar and the 1/2 of nuts. Sprinkle over the top of the batter and bake in the center of the oven for 40-45 mins.
Cool on rack. Serve with dollop of whipped cream if desired.