Lemon Blueberry Cake With Hot Honey-butter Sauce
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 1⁄2 cups flour
·1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
·1⁄2 teaspoon salt
·2 teaspoons baking powder
·1⁄2 cup butter
·1 cup white sugar
·2 large eggs
·1 teaspoon vanilla
·3⁄4 cup milk
·2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
·2 teaspoons fresh lemon rind
·1 cup fresh blueberries, wild
HOT HONEY BUTTER SAUCE
·1⁄2 cup cold water
·1 tablespoon cornstarch
·1⁄2 cup honey, orange blossom,clover (or your favorite)
·2 tablespoons butter
·1 teaspoon lemon juice
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Cake With Hot Honey-butter Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 8" square pan.
- Blend flour, nutmeg, salt and baking powder together.
- In a small bowl mix milk, lemon juice and rind together.
- In a large bowl cream butter with sugar.
- Gradually add 2 eggs, one at a time and then the vanilla, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture, (3X) alternating with sour milk (2X), remembering to blend lightly.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool slightly.
- Cut while warm into squares and serve upside down with Hot Honey-Butter Sauce.
- Hot Honey-Butter Sauce
- In small pan mix water and cornstarch blend well then gradually add honey, butter and lemon juice.
- Boil over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- When ready sauce is thick and clear.
- Pour hot sauce over the warm cut cake and enjoy.
- I hope you will enjoy this down home comfort food.