Lemon Blueberry Cake With Hot Honey-butter Sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, wild
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup honey, orange blossom,clover (or your favorite)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
HOT HONEY BUTTER SAUCE
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Cake With Hot Honey-butter Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 8" square pan.
- 3Blend flour, nutmeg, salt and baking powder together.
- 4In a small bowl mix milk, lemon juice and rind together.
- 5In a large bowl cream butter with sugar.
- 6Gradually add 2 eggs, one at a time and then the vanilla, beating until light and fluffy.
- 7Add flour mixture, (3X) alternating with sour milk (2X), remembering to blend lightly.
- 8Gently fold in blueberries.
- 9Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- 10Remove from pan and cool slightly.
- 11Cut while warm into squares and serve upside down with Hot Honey-Butter Sauce.
- 12Hot Honey-Butter Sauce
- 13In small pan mix water and cornstarch blend well then gradually add honey, butter and lemon juice.
- 14Boil over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 15When ready sauce is thick and clear.
- 16Pour hot sauce over the warm cut cake and enjoy.
- 17I hope you will enjoy this down home comfort food.