Key Lime Coconut Angel Cake
- 1 box
- betty crocker white angel food cake mix
- 1 1/4 c
- cold water
- 14 oz
- can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 c
- key lime juice or regular lime juice
- 1 tsp
- grated lime peel
- 12 oz
- thawed whipped topping
- 1 c
- flaked coconut
- sliced kiwifruit and strawberries, sliced, optional
How to Make Key Lime Coconut Angel Cake
- 1Make cake as directed on package, using cold water. Cool cake completely.(I make this the day before).
Cut cake into 3 layers. Place bottom layer, cut side up , on serving plate.Set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat milk, lime juice and lime peel with wire whisk until smooth and thickened. Fold in whipped topping.
Spread 1 cup lime mixture evenly over top of first layer of cake on plate.
Place second layer of cake carefully on bottom layer; spread evenly with 1 cup lime mixture. Top with remaining layer of cake.
Frost top and side of cake with remaining mixture. Sprinkle coconut. Garnish cake servings with kiwifruit and strawberries . Refrigerate any leftovers.