Key Lime Cheesecake
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Attention all you lime fans out there! This light and creamy cheesecake offers up some delightful lime flavor. It's a perfect dessert to enjoy on those hot summer nights out on the patio. The Test Kitchen
- 1 3/4 c
- graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 1 c
- plus 1tbsp of sugar
- 8oz packages of cream cheese
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- lime juice (5 limes) or if using purchased juice 1/4 cup
- 3 large
- whipped creme
How to Make Key Lime Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 350*. Combine crumbs, butter and 1 Tbsp. sugar in a bowl. Stir well to to coat all crumbs. Keep it crumbly.
- 2Press the crumbs onto the bottom and half way up the sides of an 8" springform pan.
- 3Bake crust for about 5 minutes and set aside.
- 4In large bowl combine cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla.
Mix with electric mixer till smooth. Add the lime juice and eggs and continue to beat till smooth and creamy. Pour filling into crust
- 5Bake for 60 to 70 mins. If top is turning light brown it's done. Remove from oven and allow to cool till room temperature. Put into fridge. When chilled, remove the pan sides and cut. Serve with whipped cream.