Juanita's Sour Cream Coconut Cake
My mom always made this cake for holiday meals and we loved it. It is moist and tasty but not too sweet. i miss her and it is special to me to make her recipes.
How to Make Juanita's Sour Cream Coconut Cake
- Prepare cake mix, as directed on box (or as I do, substituting milk and butter for water and oil - it just makes a moister and tastier cake)
- Pour batter into 2. 9 inch round cake pans that are greased and lightly floured. Bake according to directions
- Slice each layer in half, ending up with 4 layers.
- Mix coconut, powdered sugar, cool whip, sour cream and vanilla together. Refrigerate for several hours
- When you are ready to frost, let frosting sit out about 15 minutes to make it easy to spread. Frost your layers with cut side up so they layers absorb the frosting a bit. Frost sides. Keep refrigerated but let sit out about 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle a little coconut on top.