Irish Cream Tiramisu
I think this recipe is creamy and delicious!
- 1 1/2 c
- espresso coffee, made with 1 1/3 c. water and 9 teas. instant espresso powder
- 1 c
- baileys irish cream liqueur
- 2 pkg
- 7 oz. each italian ladyfinger cookies or others
- 2 large
- 1/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 c
- marscapone cheese (one pound)
- 2 1/2 tsp
- baking cocoa
How to Make Irish Cream Tiramisu
- 1Make the coffee and let it cool( the espresso powder does mix fairly well in room temperature water.)
Mix the coffee and 3/4 cup of the Baileys together in a shallow bowl.
Dip the ladyfingers into this liquid; let them soak on each side enough to become damp but not soggy. Line the bottom of an 8 1/2 inch square glass dish with a layer of lady-fingers.
- 2Separate the eggs, but keep only one of the whites. Whisk the two yolks and sugar together until thick and a pale yellow, then fold in the remaining quarter cup of Baileys and the mascarpone to make a moussey mixture.
- 3Whisk the single egg white until thick and frothy, you can do this by hand with such a little amount. Fold the egg white into the yolky mascarpone; and then spread 1/2 of the mixture on top of the layer of ladyfingers.
Repeat with another layer of soaked ladyfingers, and then top with remaining mascarpone mixture.
Cover the dish with plastic wrap and leave irefrigerateer overnight.
- 4When ready to serve, push the cocoa powder through a small mesh sieve to just the top of the tiramisu.