Impressive Chocolate "Snack Attack" Cake
Made in a 9x9 square pan, it's just the perfect size for snacking, dessert for just a few or when a 9x13 isn't necessary. You can frost, if you wish. But, we love it with just a dusting of powdered sugar or a dollop of freshly made whipped cream, your choice.
I guarantee, you won't be disappointed. I found the original recipe over 10 years ago in Fine Cooking Magazine.
- 10 tb.very soft butter
- 1 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. plus 1 tb. flour
- 2 1/2 oz. (1/2 c. plus 1/3 c.) unsweetened cocoa powder (i recommend hershey's)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. freshly brewed, strong coffee, cooled to warm
How to Make Impressive Chocolate "Snack Attack" Cake
- 4Pour batter into greased 9x9 square pan. Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out nearly clean. Don't over bake. (Watch carefully as all ovens are different.)
Cool completely, then serve with ice cream, fresh whipped cream, a hot fudge drizzle or just simply with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
As you can see by the size of my hand, these HUGE chunks of moist cake pack beautifully the next day for bag lunches or coffee breaks. Simply wrap individual, fist-sized chunks tightly in Saran Wrap, and toss into a basket on the counter. Convenient as a mid-afternoon pick-me-up with a hot cup of coffee or for friends and family to grab and go for bag lunches. Great for picnics, too!