Pucker Up and Kiss Me Bundt-Homemade
This is a simple pound cake and will be perfect for breakfast and tea. This recipe is from Lori Longbotham cookbook author. I have tweaked it very little. I hope you give this one a try. If you love lemon you will love this pound cake!
2 3/4 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
3 stickunsalted butter, room temperature
2 1/4 cgranulated sugar-divided
6 largeeggs, room temperature
1 cwhole milk
2 Tbsplemon zest, grated
1 tsppure lemon extract
1/2 cfresh lemon juice
How to Make Pucker Up and Kiss Me Bundt-Homemade
- Preheat oven to 300^.
Butter and flour a 12 cup bundt pan or use non stick spray.
- Sift the flour,baking powder and salt together twice.
Cream the butter and 1 3/4 cups sugar until pale and fluffy about 4 minutes.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Reduce the speed and add the flour mixture, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour.
Stir in the lemon zest and lemon extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours . or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
Pole holes all over the cake with a wooden chopstick.
- Meanwhile, being the lemon juice and remaining sugar to a boil over medium high heat in a small saucepan, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Invert the cake onto a rack, over a catch pan and slowly pour the syrup over the cake, it will seep through the holes and into the cake. Let cool to room temperature.