Each Serving is about:
3 Grams Fat
If you use regular baking mix instead of Heart Smart:
6 Grams Fat
★★★★★ 1 vote5
20cherries, cut in half and pitted
1 cgreen grapes, cut in half
1 choneydew melon, cubed
1/2 cfat free milk
2 3/4 cheart smart bisquick
2 Tbspi can't belive it's not butter, melted
How to Make Healthier Shortcakes
- Mix all (except bananas) sliced/chopped/cubed fruit and spread evenly in a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle 1C Splenda over the top and place in fridge.
- In Medium bowl combine baking mix with 3 tbsp splenda. Add milk, egg and melted ICBINB and mix until soft dough forms.
- Roll out to about 1/2 inch and cut with floured biscuit or cookie cutter (Mine is a heart about 3 inches across). Place on baking Sheet sides not touching (but you can place them close together b/c they rise up not out). Bake for 10 minutes at 425.
- Remove the fruit mixture and add the sliced bananas, mix well. They're should be a nice syrup from the juice and Splenda.
- After the shortcakes have cooled, split each piece horizontally and top with 1/12 of the fruit mixture.