Go- Bananas Coffee Cake
Rose Mary Mogan
This recipe was in one of my Goose Berry Patch cookbooks called "QUICK & EASY FAMILY FAVORITES".
I LOVE how easy & simple the recipe is, & the best thing of all was the results & how tasty it was.
This was the first time I had ever made a COFFEE CAKE, & with a great recipe like this, it will not be my last.
I did make a few minor adjustments to the recipe but all for the better in my opinion. I am sure you will agree it is quite tasty
- 1 pkg
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick
- butter, softened
- 1 1/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 large
- eggs, room temperature
- bananas, mashed into large chunks
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla bean paste, or extract (original called for 1 teaspoon)
- 1 Tbsp
- banana flavoring (my addition)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 2 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp
- sugar (i chose to use brown sugar instead of white)
- 1 tsp
PECAN TOPPING [ I CHOSE TO MAKE A DOUBLE RECIPE]
How to Make Go- Bananas Coffee Cake
- 8Spray a 9 X13 X2 inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray, or use BAKERS JOY(COOKING SPRAY WITH ADDED FLOUR) POUR BATTER INTO PREPARED CAKE PAN AND TOP WITH remaining nut topping. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F. oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until tooth pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- 9OPTIONAL STEP: I CHOSE TO MAKE 2 SEPERATE BATCHES OF NUT TOPPING. I ADDED 1/2 OF THE FIRST BATCH TO THE CAKE BATTER. Then I poured only half of the cake batter into the pan, then topped it with the remaining other half of the nut topping. Then poured the remaining cake batter on top, smoothed it over the first layer and then made a second nut topping & sprinkled it over the top of the coffee cake, and baked as directed. This step Added some EXTRA CRUNCH AND TOASTED NUTS TO THE CAKE.