- 1 pkg
- (18 oz ) german chocolate cake mix
- ( 16 oz ) contained milk chocolate ready to spread frosting
- 2 c
- toasted coconuts ( divited )
- 1 1/2 c
- toasted finely chopped pecans, (divited )
- 2 pkg
- (12 oz ) chocolate chips for dipping
How to Make German Chocolate Cake Truffles
- 1Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions in a lightly greased 13x9" pan. Let cool combpetely in pan ( about 30 minutes )
- 2Crumble the cake into a large bowl. Scoop frosting over the cake crumbs. Sprinkle with 1 cup each coconuts, and pecans, stir gently , just until thoroughly blended. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop cake mixture into 1 1/4" balls, roll in your hands , then place balls on wax paper-lined baking sheet. cover and chill 1 hour.
- 3meanwhile, combine remaining 1 cup coconut, and 3/4 cup pecans, stir well. Melt chocolate for dipping, 1 package at a time. Dip chilled balls using a fork, and allow excess chocolate to drip off. Place coated truffles on wax paper-lined baking sheet . Sprinkle tops with coconut-pecan mixture; chill for 30 minutes. or until set. Place truffles in baking cups.