Fresh Strawberry Cream Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 2/3 csifted cake flour
1 1/2 csugar
2 tspbaking powder
1 1/3 cheavy cream
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
1 lbconfectioners' sugar
1/3 cfresh strawberries hulled, chopped and drained
How to Make Fresh Strawberry Cream Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease two 9" cake pans and lightly dust with flour, tap off excess. (I like to use parchment paper or wax paper on the bottom.)
- Sift flour, sugar baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat cream in a medium-size bowl until stiff.
- Beat eggs in large bowl until very thick and light. Beat in vanilla; fold in reserved whipped cream.
- Sift dry ingredients over cream mixture; gently fold in until batter is smooth; pour in prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
Cool on wire racks 10 minutes; loosen around edges with a knife; turn out onto wire racks; cool completely.
- For frosting:
Hull and wash strawberries, chop and drain excess moisture. Cream butter and confectioner's sugar, add strawberries.