Fresh Strawberry Cream Cake
- 2 2/3 c
- sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/3 c
- heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 stick
- 1 lb
- confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 c
- fresh strawberries hulled, chopped and drained
STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
How to Make Fresh Strawberry Cream Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease two 9" cake pans and lightly dust with flour, tap off excess. (I like to use parchment paper or wax paper on the bottom.)
- 2Sift flour, sugar baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 3Beat cream in a medium-size bowl until stiff.
- 4Beat eggs in large bowl until very thick and light. Beat in vanilla; fold in reserved whipped cream.
- 5Sift dry ingredients over cream mixture; gently fold in until batter is smooth; pour in prepared pans.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
Cool on wire racks 10 minutes; loosen around edges with a knife; turn out onto wire racks; cool completely.
- 7For frosting:
Hull and wash strawberries, chop and drain excess moisture. Cream butter and confectioner's sugar, add strawberries.