FRENCH-TOASTED ANGEL FOOD CAKE
From Better Homes and Gardens
Angel food cake is made into light and sweet French toast in this breakfast recipe.
Also try it for dessert!
*Looked so good I had to post-it...
Per serving: Calories 275,
Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Monounsaturated Fat 4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 187 mg, Sodium 305 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Total Sugar 15 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 8 g. Daily Values: Vitamin C 36%, Calcium 13%, Iron 6%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Picture and recipe from Recipe.com
- 7 to 8-inch angel food cake
- 6 large
- eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp
- whipped cream, sweetened
- maple syrup
- fresh strawberries, cut up
How to Make FRENCH-TOASTED ANGEL FOOD CAKE
- 1Slice the angel food cake into 10 to 12, 1-inch thick wedges .
- 2In a shallow dish combine eggs, milk, sugar & vanilla.
Soak wedges in egg mixture for 1 minute per side.
- 3In a nonstick skillet or on a nonstick griddle melt butter over medium heat.
Cook 4 wedges at a time for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 4To serve, stand slices in cake formation.
Top with whipped cream.
Drizzle with maple syrup and top with strawberries.