Eggless Spice Cake
This recipe belonged to my late brother-in-law's mother.
It is a small recipe and makes an
9 x 9 inch cake, or can be put in a loaf pan.
It is so simple to make-a one bowl cake.
Moist, spicey, and yummy!
It doubles easily, and then you can put it in a 9x13 inch pan.It's one of most favorite recipes. It kind of reminds me of the "Wacky Cake"Recipes from years ago, only without the vinegar.This recipe is so good, that I just can't leave it alone, nor my husband either!
3 call purpose flour
3 tspbaking power
1/2 tspallspice, ground
1 tspmace,or nutmeg can be used.if using nutmeg, use 3/4 tsp.
1 tspclove, ground
1/2 cliquid fat (oil)
1 1/4 cwater
1 Tbsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Eggless Spice Cake
- 1. Sift together all dry ingredients.
- 2.Add liquid fat with water and vanilla and stir until well mixed.
- 3.Bake in layers in a moderately hot oven-375 degrees for 20 minutes.Or in a loaf pan in a moderate oven (350 degrees) for 45 minutes.
9 x 9 inch pan for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Note: This recipe can be easily doubled, and put in a 9x13 inch cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Check at 35 minutes using a toothpick.If your toothpick comes out clean, remove from the oven. If not, bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Frost, but we like it plain.
Opt. I have tried this with 3 mashed bananas added, and it's Great! You may add chocolate chips with the bananas as well.
This is a heavy moist, wonderful Spice cake. You may need to increase baking time to 45 minutes when adding the bananas.