Eclair Torte, the easy way
Kind of a short cut to my Chocolate Eclair Torte recipe. Thought I would share, as it is a quick and easy dessert right in time for the Holidays.
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- butter (no substitution)
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounces) cream cheese,softened
- 2 pkg
- (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding
- 12 oz
- cool whip
- chocolate syrup to swirl on top
FOR THE PUFF PASTRY
FOR THE TOP LAYER
How to Make Eclair Torte, the easy way
- 1FOR THE PUFF PASTRY:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a saucepan, bring water,butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once;stirring until smooth ball forms.
Remove from the heat;let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time,beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition. Beat until smooth.
- 3Spread into a 13x9 inch baking pan.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
Cool completely on a wire rack.
You can move it to a serving tray or return it to the pan.
- 4FOR THE TOP LAYER;
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese,pudding mix and milk until smooth.
Spread over puff pastry. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 5Spread with cool whip topping. Refrigerate. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and swirl with a fork just before serving.