This vanilla cupcake is very light and and fluffy. Great frosted with best ever butter cream frosting, before adding the coconut and candy Easter egg(malted milk candy egg) in the center.
- 3/4 c
- sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 c
- dairy sour cream
- 2 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large
- eggs, room temperature
- vanilla butter cream frosting and easter egg candies
How to Make Easter Cupcakes
- 1Preheat oven to 350^. Spread and toast the coconut until lightly browned , about 8 minutes.Watch close.
Line a regular 12-cup muffin pan with foil or paper liners.Set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together the flour,baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, oil and vanilla.
Using the large bowl of your mixer beat together the sugar and butter on medium-high , until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Turn speed to low and add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the sour cream mixture, beating just until combined.
- 3Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Bake until they are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean,about 18-20 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Then take cupcakes out and place on the rack and cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4BEST EVER Butter cream frosting:
This make enough frosting for 36 cupcakes.Keeps well in refrigerator.
6 cups powdered sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup)
4 1/2 Tablespoons milk more or less,as needed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
Food coloring , if desired,optional
- 5Using your electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, combine all ingredients and beat on low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Stop , scrape sides of bowl if needed. Beat on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes more. If to dry add more milk a teaspoon at a time until it is creamy, but still holds peaks. Tint with color if desired. Makes 4 cups.