Cream Cheese Pound Cake
2 stickunsalted butter, room temperature
1- 8 oz pkgcream cheese, room temperature
6 largeeggs, room temperature
4 tspvanilla extract
3 ccups all-purpose flour
How to Make Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Butter and flour a 12 cup Bundt pan. I use Bakers Secret spray and it works great.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese in a large bowl until fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add sugar and salt. Beat 10 minutes, occasionally scraping down sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat 2 minutes after each egg. This really makes a difference in the finished cake.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Beat in flour at low speed until batter is smooth. Do not overbeat. I beat until flour is just incorporated, then finish it by hand.
- Transfer batter to pan. Put pan in a COLD oven.
Bake at 200 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Increase temp to 250 F; bake 20 minutes.
Increase temp to 275 F; bake 10 minutes.
Increase temp to 300 F; bake about 60 min longer, until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Turn cake onto rack and cool completely. Wrap and store at room temperature. Cake can be made three days ahead.