Corn Bread Cake
1 can(s)15.25 oz cream corn
1 can(s)15.25 oz regular corn - drained
1 boxjiffy corn bread (see below if you dont want to use a mix)
8 ozsour cream
1 stickbutter - melted
TOTALLY FROM SCRATCH INGREDIENTS IN PLACE OF JIFFY CORN BREAD MIX
2/3 cap flour
1/2 ccorn meal
1/3 csugar, granulated
1 Tbspbaking powder
How to Make Corn Bread Cake
- Drain your regular corn and melt your butter. Add a little bit of melted butter to your 8x8 glass baking dish and coat the pan well. Preheat oven to 325
- In a large mixing bowl combine regular corn, creamed corn, eggs and sour cream mixing well.
- Add the package of corn bread flour and mix well.
Note: If making totally from scratch add the flour, corn meal, sugar, baking soda and salt to a medium sized bowl. wisk it all together.
Then add the flour/corn meal mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix well
- Add the remaining melted butter blending it good with the batter. Pour into your 8x8 baking dish and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes turn the heat on the oven to 350 and bake another 15 minutes or until done. You will know that its done when you insert a toothpick in and it comes out clean. Can serve this warm or cold.
- PLEASE NOTE: Do not over bake or it will turn out very dry. If you need to bake longer do it only in 5 minute increments before checking again.