Coconut Cream Cake
1 boxyellow or white cake mix
1 can(s)cream of coconut (14 ounces)
1 can(s)sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
8 ozfrozen whipped topping, thawed
1 tspvanilla extract
7 ozsweetened flaked coconut, divided
How to Make Coconut Cream Cake
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a 9”x13” pan. Cool completely.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. On a baking sheet, spread half of coconut. Toast, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, or until the coconut has started turning a golden brown. Remove and cool. You can also do this over medium heat on top of the stove in a sauté pan. Mix toasted and untoasted coconut together and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat together cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk until well blended.
- Using a small straw, chopstick or other similar sized item that can make a small hole; poke numerous holes in the cooled cake. This is how the ooey, gooey, yummy coconut-sweetened condensed milk mixture will soak into the cake.
- Slowly pour the cream of coconut-sweetened condensed milk mixture over the cake and allow to soak in for 15 minutes.
- Mix vanilla into thawed whipped topping and spread mixture evenly over soaked cake.
- Sprinkle mixed coconut evenly over whipped topping.
- Cut into squares and serve. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.