Coconut Cream Cake
- 1 box
- yellow or white cake mix
- 1 can(s)
- cream of coconut (14 ounces)
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 8 oz
- frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 7 oz
- sweetened flaked coconut, divided
How to Make Coconut Cream Cake
- 1Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a 9”x13” pan. Cool completely.
- 2Heat oven to 350 degrees. On a baking sheet, spread half of coconut. Toast, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, or until the coconut has started turning a golden brown. Remove and cool. You can also do this over medium heat on top of the stove in a sauté pan. Mix toasted and untoasted coconut together and set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, beat together cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk until well blended.
- 4Using a small straw, chopstick or other similar sized item that can make a small hole; poke numerous holes in the cooled cake. This is how the ooey, gooey, yummy coconut-sweetened condensed milk mixture will soak into the cake.
- 5Slowly pour the cream of coconut-sweetened condensed milk mixture over the cake and allow to soak in for 15 minutes.
- 6Mix vanilla into thawed whipped topping and spread mixture evenly over soaked cake.
- 7Sprinkle mixed coconut evenly over whipped topping.
- 8Cut into squares and serve. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.