Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake
1 pkgbutterscotch morsels
1 3/4 csugar
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspcinnamon
1 cpumpkin (not pie filling)
1/2 cvegetable oil
·confectioner's sugar, optional
How to Make Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, heat 1 cup of the morsels for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave an additional 15-30 seconds,as necessary, stirring after each, until morsels are melted and smooth.
Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Stir pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla, and cooled morsels together in a large bowl, with a wire whisk.
- Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- Spoon the batter into a silicone bundt, or a bundt which has been thoroughly coated with food release spray.
- Bake 40-50 minutes at 350*, until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, if desired.
- NOTES: Add nutrition and flavor by substituting up to 25% of your flour with coconut flour. You may also wish to substitute coconut oil for all/part of the vegetable oil.
To ease removal, if you don't have a silicone bundt (get one!), lay a cool, damp cloth over the inverted pan for a few minutes.
Kick this up a notch by serving slices in a puddle of butterscotch sauce, or drizzle.
*This recipe is easily made gluten free by using your favorite gluten-free flour. I like Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour.