Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake
- 1 pkg
- butterscotch morsels
- 2 c
- 1 3/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 3 large
- 1 tsp
- confectioner's sugar, optional
How to Make Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake
- 1In a small, microwave-safe bowl, heat 1 cup of the morsels for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave an additional 15-30 seconds,as necessary, stirring after each, until morsels are melted and smooth.
Cool to room temperature.
- 2Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- 3Stir pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla, and cooled morsels together in a large bowl, with a wire whisk.
- 4Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- 5Spoon the batter into a silicone bundt, or a bundt which has been thoroughly coated with food release spray.
- 6Bake 40-50 minutes at 350*, until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- 7Cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, if desired.
- 8NOTES: Add nutrition and flavor by substituting up to 25% of your flour with coconut flour. You may also wish to substitute coconut oil for all/part of the vegetable oil.
To ease removal, if you don't have a silicone bundt (get one!), lay a cool, damp cloth over the inverted pan for a few minutes.
Kick this up a notch by serving slices in a puddle of butterscotch sauce, or drizzle.
*This recipe is easily made gluten free by using your favorite gluten-free flour. I like Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour.