Bolo De Cereveja - Beer Cake - Portugal
Ana states that light or regular beer works equally well, so please use your favorite.
It sounds interesting, I have posted it for all the beer lovers out there.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·2 cups sugar
·1 cup butter, softened
·4 eggs, separated
·1 cup beer
·3 cups flour
·1 teaspoon baking powder
How to Make Bolo De Cereveja - Beer Cake - Portugal
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, using the high speed of an electric mixer or mixing by hand, beat the sugar with the butter, until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Beat in the egg yolks, at medium speed, until the ingredients are fluffy and pale yellow, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the beer, mixing to blend, then add the flour and the baking powder, mix thoroughly 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, using clean beaters, beat the egg whites until stiff, then gently fold the beaten whites into the batter.
- Pour into a lightly greased and floured 10-inch tube pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes, until a wooden skewer comes out clean and the cake springs back when lightly pressed with your finger.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Serve either warm or at room temperature and enjoy!