Betty's so Citrusy Yogurt Bundt with Citrus Glaze
A dense bundt cake covered with a citrus glaze. Feel free to swap lemon and lime for orange/grapefruit or whatever is your favourite.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·375g (just over 13 ounces) self raising flour
·500g (1 pound) caster sugar
·grated zest of 3 lemons
·grated zest of 2 limes
·1 cup natural yogurt (un flavoured)
·1 cup mild oil, such as canola or sunflower
·2 large eggs at room temp.
·1/2 cup fresh citrus juice (from what you zested)
·4 tablespoons caster sugar
How to Make Betty's so Citrusy Yogurt Bundt with Citrus Glaze
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC (370oF) and grease a 3 litre bundt tin)
- Stir together the sugar, flour and zest.
- In a large measuring jug, measure out the oil and yogurt. Add the eggs and beat with a fork to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the wet and mix well with a spatula - don't beat with a mixer!!
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake in the pre-heated oven for 50 - 55 minutes. During the last 10 minutes fo the cake cooking - make the glaze (method following step 6). Test cake with a tooth pick, it should come out clean.
- Using a skewer, make holes all over the cake and pour over the hot glaze. Let sit in the tin for a full 15 minutes. Carefully turn out. Enjoy warm or cold. Will keep in an air tight container for 2-3 days.
- Glaze - in a small sauce pan, boil the juice and sugar for a full minute. Use as per the recipe in step 5.