Best Ever Cake with Pineapple and Cool Whip Topping
I have been making this for 30 plus years.
What makes this so special to my family, is years ago ,I was taking a pan of this out to our family sitting at the picnic table.
My hubs passed me going through the door, snatched it out of my hands and proceeded to put it back into the fridge.
Unfortunately everyone saw him do it and he was booed and hissed!
1 boxyellow cake mix
2regular sized boxes instant vanilla pudding
1 largecan crushed pineapple, bigger than 6 oz size
8 ozcontainer cool whip
1 small pkgsweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cchopped nuts, optional
3 cmilk for the pudding
2 to 3 Tbspcornstarch for pineapple if unable to find pineapple pie filling
How to Make Best Ever Cake with Pineapple and Cool Whip Topping
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan with non stick spray.
- Make the yellow cake mix according to package directions.
- While still warm, take a wooden spoon and poke holes all over it.
- Spread with pineapple pie filling and allow to cool.
If you can't find the pineapple pie filling, just heat the curshed pineapple with cornstarch until thickened. I never can find the pie filling, so I just do this step.
- Mix pudding mix, milk and whip until thickened, spread over cake.
- Cover with Cool Whp and store in the fridge until serving time