Best Ever Cake with Pineapple and Cool Whip Topping
I have been making this for 30 plus years.
What makes this so special to my family, is years ago ,I was taking a pan of this out to our family sitting at the picnic table.
My hubs passed me going through the door, snatched it out of my hands and proceeded to put it back into the fridge.
Unfortunately everyone saw him do it and he was booed and hissed!
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- regular sized boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1 large
- can crushed pineapple, bigger than 6 oz size
- 8 oz
- container cool whip
- 1 small pkg
- sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 c
- chopped nuts, optional
- 3 c
- milk for the pudding
- 2 to 3 Tbsp
- cornstarch for pineapple if unable to find pineapple pie filling
How to Make Best Ever Cake with Pineapple and Cool Whip Topping
- 1Grease a 9x13 inch pan with non stick spray.
- 2Make the yellow cake mix according to package directions.
- 3While still warm, take a wooden spoon and poke holes all over it.
- 4Spread with pineapple pie filling and allow to cool.
If you can't find the pineapple pie filling, just heat the curshed pineapple with cornstarch until thickened. I never can find the pie filling, so I just do this step.
- 5Mix pudding mix, milk and whip until thickened, spread over cake.
- 6Cover with Cool Whp and store in the fridge until serving time