- 4-serving-size package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 c
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 6-ounce container vanilla yogurt
- 10.75-ounce frozen loaf pound cake, thawed and cubed (3/4-inch cubes)
- 6 c
- strawberries, quartered
- 2 c
- blueberries and/or raspberries
- recipe berry sauce
BERRY SAUCE: IN A BLENDER OR FOOD PROCESSOR COMBINE 2 CUPS FRESH OR FROZEN (THAWED) STRAWBERRIES OR RASPBERRIES, 2 TO 3 TABLESPOONS SUGAR, AND 1 TABLESPOON RASPBERRY LIQUEUR, RUM, OR ORANGE JUICE. COVER AND BLEND OR PROCESS UNTIL SMOOTH. IF DESIRED,
PRESS SAUCE THROUGH A FINE-MESH SIEVE TO REMOVE SEEDS. COVER AND CHILL UNTIL SERVING TIME OR UP TO 24 HOURS. MAKES 1 CUP.
How to Make Berry Trifle
- 1Prepare pudding mix according to package directions using the milk; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and yogurt with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth; stir in pudding.
- 2To assemble trifle, in a 2-1/2- to 3-quart glass bowl layer one-third of the cake cubes, one-third of the pudding mixture, and one-third of the strawberries and blueberries. Repeat layers twice. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours. Spoon Berry Sauce onto individual serving plates; top with trifle. Makes 8 to 10 servings.