ABE LINCOLN'S BIRTHDAY CAKE
3 tspbaking powder
1 tspvanilla extract
1 cchopped almonds
1 tspwhite vinegar
·almonds for garnish
How to Make ABE LINCOLN'S BIRTHDAY CAKE
- Cream butter well, add sugar and cream again
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Add to butter and sugar mixture, mixing alternately with milk. Stir in the chopped almonds and beat well
- Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour into a well greased paper lined pan and bake one (1 ) hour in a 350 degree oven.
- Ice with boiled icing to which you have added half cup of candied pineapple and cherries, cut into very small pieces.
- BOILED ICING
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy sauce pan. Stir until sugar is dissolved
- Cover, bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes.
- Uncover and let boil to soft ball stage.
- Beat egg whites and i tbsp cold water until stiff
- Add hot syrup and vanilla gradually.
- Beat until icing stands in soft peaks, put on cake. Top with candied pineapple for Abe and cherries for George.