Layered Mediterranean Pie
It is similar to the Best of Bridge Mediterranean Pie but it is a better size for small families.
You could use prepared red peppers from a jar or roasted red pepper if you like.
If you use frozen pie crust, sliced ham and sliced mozzarella from your grocery store this recipe goes together very quickly.
This pie looks impressive to serve to your family and friends.
- 1 medium
- onion chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- 12 oz
- package of frozen chopped spinach drained well
- 8 oz
- sliced ham
- 8 oz
- sliced mozzarella cheese
- red pepper cut in strips
- eggs, lightly beaten
- pie crusts
How to Make Layered Mediterranean Pie
- 1Prepare pastry for 2 crust pie and put bottom crust into a 9 inch pie pan.
- 2Sauté onion & garlic in butter until tender.
- 3Drain defrosted spinach well and stir into onion mixture.
- 4Layer, in order – ham, cheese, spinach, red pepper.
- 5Pour beaten eggs over the layers. Reserve a small amount of egg to brush on top crust.
- 6Put top crust on the pie.
Decorate with left-over pastry if desired.
Seal edges. Brush with reserved egg. Make slits for steam.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees F. for 35-40 minutes or until pastry is golden.
Makes 4-5 servings