Layered Mediterranean Pie
It is similar to the Best of Bridge Mediterranean Pie but it is a better size for small families.
You could use prepared red peppers from a jar or roasted red pepper if you like.
If you use frozen pie crust, sliced ham and sliced mozzarella from your grocery store this recipe goes together very quickly.
This pie looks impressive to serve to your family and friends.
1 mediumonion chopped
1 clovegarlic, minced
12 ozpackage of frozen chopped spinach drained well
8 ozsliced ham
8 ozsliced mozzarella cheese
1red pepper cut in strips
4eggs, lightly beaten
How to Make Layered Mediterranean Pie
- Prepare pastry for 2 crust pie and put bottom crust into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Sauté onion & garlic in butter until tender.
- Drain defrosted spinach well and stir into onion mixture.
- Layer, in order – ham, cheese, spinach, red pepper.
- Pour beaten eggs over the layers. Reserve a small amount of egg to brush on top crust.
- Put top crust on the pie.
Decorate with left-over pastry if desired.
Seal edges. Brush with reserved egg. Make slits for steam.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 35-40 minutes or until pastry is golden.
Makes 4-5 servings