joey's special oatmeal
Candy Hummer first introduced me to making oatmeal in the crockpot.
1 csteel cut oats....(toasted)
3 cfiltered water (exchange 1/2 water for skim milk, for creamier oatmeal)
1/2 cdried fruit; raisins, craisins, blueberrys, cherrys
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1 pinchsalt, optional....you won't miss it.
How to Make joey's special oatmeal
- Toast the oats in a skillet until browned lightly and the smell toasty.
- Spray 1.5 qt. crockpot with PAM
- Combine all ingredients into the crockpot.
- Cook on low 4-5 hrs. I find it better to do this during the day, as at 8 hrs it sticks bad!
- This will make 7, 1/2 C servings. I divy it up into a muffin tin; which I refrigerate over night (cover lightly with foil) then store in an airtight container for a weeks worth of breakfasts. I break up a 'muffin' into a bowl, add 1/2 c of skim milk, sometimes a 1/4 c of toasted walnuts and a tsp of brown sugar.
- Microwave for 1 min. stir and enjoy.