Butternut Squash Porridge
How to Make Butternut Squash Porridge
- Preheat oven to 375
- Wash the squash with water to remove any dirt.
- Place whole squash in a glass baking dish & pour 2 cups of water in the dish.
- Place the baking dish in the oven & bake for 1 1/2 hours, turning over after 45 minutes. When done insert knife to test for doneness in the neck of the squash, if the knife can go through then it’s done.
- Remove the dish from the oven and put it on a cooling rack to cool for 30 min.
- When the squash is cool enough to handle cut it open lengthwise & scoop out the flesh (discarding the seeds and skin) of the squash into a large pot.
- Add the coconut milk, ginger, mace, cinnamon, salt & honey in the pot turning the burner on to medium low heat & stir.
- When the fat in the coconut milk is melted cover & simmer for 10 min.
- Uncover, stir, reduced heat to low, & let it simmer uncovered for 10 min.
- Serve right away or let cool to room temp, put in a container, & warm up.