Panko Breaded Spam Slices
Rose Mary Mogan
- 1 can(s)
- spam, sliced into serving size slices
- 2 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
How to Make Panko Breaded Spam Slices
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside till needed.
- 2In a medium size bowl add the two eggs and water, then beat together till mixed. Set aside till needed. In a large zip lock bag add the panko bread crumbs, the paprika, and garlic powder. Shake till well mixed together.
- 3Next take a few slices of the spam and coat both sides with the egg mixture. Then drop into reclosable bag and coat evenly on all sides, then place onto prepared cookie sheet. Repeat till all of the spam has been coated evenly. Then lightly spray with non stick cooking spray, and place in preheated oven and bake for 8 or 9 minutes, till nice and crispy and golden brown.
- 4Remove from oven & serve with mustard, catsup or your favorite condiment. Please note I always keep several batches of the panko mixture in the freezer for a quick fix meal idea, in a hurry.